Summer Hydration Tips
- Dilute fruit juice 50/50 with water. This practice
allows electrolytes and water to reach your heart and
organs more quickly than drinking regular juice.
- Eat foods high in potassium like bananas. Potassium
helps to maintain a normal water balance between cells
and body fluids.
- Keep a bottle of water with you at all times. You're
more likely to sip throughout the day if water is within
- Cut down on fatty foods. Fat slows down fluid
- Avoid alcohol during the hottest part of the day.
Alcoholic beverages are extremely dehydrating.
- If you feel hungry, drink before eating. The brain
often confuses hunger with thirst, so quenching your
thirst could be what your body craves rather than food.
- Start your day by drinking 8 ounces of water right
after waking up. This practice gives you a head start on
hydration for the day.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Produce
highest in water content includes watermelon, celery,
cucumbers, strawberries, grapefruit, cantaloupe, and
- Check your hydration level by pinching yourself! - if skin
takes a while to return to its normal position after a
pinch, you might be dehydrated.
- Water infused with Orgone energy from
Energizer can hydrate you faster.