Fun Factoids about August
- August is named after Augustus, first
Emperor of Rome.
- The birthstone in August is the Peridot
- The flower of the month is the
Gladiolus or Poppy.
- Christopher Columbus set sail on his
first voyage on Aug 3, 1492.
- The first Atomic Bomb was dropped on
Hiroshima, Japan Aug 6, 1945.
- More people take Vacation in August
then any other month.
- Richard Nixon was the only president
ever to resign on Aug.9, 1974.
- The phonograph was invented by Thomas
Edison on August 12, 1877.
- August is the 8th month of the year and
has 31 days.
- August in the Northern Hemisphere is
similar to February in Southern.
- Lemonade was first served in Paris,
France on August 20, 1630.
- Mount Vesuvius erupted and destroyed
Pompeii on August 24th. AD79.
- Panama Canal opened to traffic, August
- August is the National Month for:
Family Fun, Peach, Golf, Picnic, Friendship, and Women's
- You can now make your own Orgone Scalar
Jewelry, Water, Food, Meds, lucky charms with the QuWave
info here ...