Fun Facts about May
- May is named after Maia, the Roman
goddess of spring and growth.
- Mother's Day celebrates all Moms,
always on the 2nd Sunday of May.
- Mother's Day was first observed in
- The birthstone of May, the Emerald,
symbolizes success and love.
- Hawthorn and Lily of the Valley are the
flowers for the month.
- The United Kingdom celebrates May as
the National Smile Month.
- On May 1, 1931, the Empire State
Building was officially opened
- Memorial Day in the United States, is
observed on the last Monday in May in memory of those
who died while serving the country in war.
- The first postage stamp was issued in
England May 6, 1840
- May is the perfect time to plant
flowers and gardens. Now you can significantly improve your
plantings and make then grow healthier by watering them with Energized
info here ...